Hot chocolate souffle served with cold vanilla ice cream... This is a personal favourite dessert of mine and the melt-in-your-mouth goodness makes the hard work worth it!
Basil Bake Ingredients
- 1 ¼ cup cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 80g Butter Melted
- 480g of cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Pre-heat to 200 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, butter until combined
- Press ½ tablespoon of the crumb mixture into miniature cheesecake tins
- Pre-bake for 10 minutes until the crust is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
6). Add the cream cheese, parmesan, basil, sugar, eggs and salt to a blender.
7). Puree the ingredients until smooth.
8). Fill each well of the pan halfway with the cheese mixture. Return the filled tins back to the oven bake @ 200 degrees for 15-20min or until the edges are dry but the centers are still a little jiggle.
9). Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Homemade Tomato & Ginger Jam Ingredients
- 60g very good ripe tomatoes coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated or minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
Add all the ingredients to a heavy bottom saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent the bottom from burning.
Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of a jam. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
NB: the longer it stays in the refrigerator the better taste it becomes.